Thursday, June 25, 2009

We've been hit!



Last Friday evening, as I was walking from the church to the Parish House, after catching up on emails and phone messages, as I passed the Peace Garden, I noticed a very large bird taking off from the Peace Garden. When I say large, I mean a wingspan of over 7 feet! I noticed a flappy chin, so I thought that it was a pelican or something. It took off directly from the little pond within the Peace Garden.

Now, a few days later, I find out that the large pelican may have actually been a heron.

Apparently, this heron was very hungry. Apparently, the heron attacked the small pond in the Peace Garden, and wiped out ALL of the little fish that were there. ALL of the little fish are gone! We've been wiped out!

I wonder why the Heron didn't hit the main pond about 10 feet away! Maybe because there are more hiding places for small fish! Who knows?

So, don't be surprised if you see no small fish in the little pond...but the big fish are still in the main pond!

Who knew that Herons were such tough hunters?

No comments: