Thursday, April 22, 2010

Back from Notre Dame


Back from the meetings of the Alumni Senate at Notre Dame. Good times. I learned lots of great things about the new "Social Media" outlets available today.

Highlight: I got to meet the new Football coach, Brian Kelly! We had a very nice "reception" in the Press-Box of the Football stadium, and in the midst of it, we had a nice talk from Coach Kelly, and then a great question and answer time.

As Coach was leaving, I planted myself in front of the doorway, in my full Roman Collar and black suit. I told coach that we were looking forward to hosting him at the Jersey Shore,....when he asked where the event was going to be. I told him, "In Long Branch."

He says, "I've got a good friend with a restaurant in Long Branch...you ever hear of 'Avenue?'"

I say: "Hell yeah. It's a great restaurant! The best on the beach in Long Branch."

After that, he got pulled away by Chuck Lennon, the Dir. of the Alumni Association, but I felt that I had made a connection.

Anyway....he'll be here in NJ on Sunday, May 23 at the Ocean Place Hotel/Resort in Long Branch for our annual Universal Notre Dame Night. Cocktails, Dinner, and program with Coach Kelly for $100. Call me if you want/need more info!

Fr. Gene: 732 904 2012

No comments: