Monday, May 19, 2008

Deanery Study, .....once again





This coming Wednesday, we have our next meeting of the Deanery Study. All of the 15 parishes in the area have been asked to consider what might some possible "collaborations" look like in the future.

We've begun talking about what our parishes share in common, what our similar hopes are, and what our similar dreams are.

We've also looked at differences....and while that's always pretty easy to do, it's also helpful to the whole process.

Personally, I've come to a point of acceptance that I may be called to pastor a community far away from here. Perhaps it may come as a call to pastor two, or even three former parishes.

And so, personally, I've come to a point that will be open to whatever the Church asks of me. If the Church (the people of God) wants me to stay at St. Anselm....fine. If the Church wants me to pastor two parishes together....fine. If the Church wants me to pastor three parishes together....fine.....(but just give me a small bump in my salary, please! Have you seen the price of gasoline these days?)

Trying to be positive in these uncertain days.....

Yours in Christ.

No comments: