Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Pope's New Years Wishes



This was the message delivered at today's Papal Audience in Rome. I suspect that my friends Msgr. Tom Gervasio, Msgr. Sam Sirianni, and Fr. Ian Trammel were at that audience today. All are priests of the diocese of Trenton, who went to Rome on Monday. It's a great message, and I like the image of "the friendship" with Jesus.

To all of my friends, and the friends of St. Anselm, a Happy, Peaceful, Joyful, and Hopeful New Year!

Dear friends, we have reached the end of this year and stand at the threshold of the New Year. My wish is that the friendship of Our Lord, Jesus Christ, will accompany you each day of this new year. May friendship with Christ be our light and guide, helping us to to be people of peace, of his peace. Happy New Year to all!

No comments: