Monday, December 21, 2009

Purple Rain, Purple Rain


"I bring you tidings of great joy...."

Today, our good friend, the Director of the Office of Worship for the Diocese of Trenton, was notified by Bishop Smith that the Holy Father, Pope Benedict 16 has named Fr. Sam Sirianni a Monsignor!!!!!!

O Happy Day!

All of us who work with Sam are rejoicing that the Church is finally recognizing his numerous contributions to the life of our diocese and the Church in the United States. Needless to say, we're planning a grand celebration for the Conferral of Papal Honors, probably within the context of an Evening Vespers Service.

I'll publicize the date of the Conferral as soon as I know it. I've already been put on notice that I'm the MC for the event! I'll handle the liturgical part of the celebration, and I'm looking forward to the real party after Vespers. We'll all have a chance to celebrate with Sam, his Mom, and his brothers and family for a huge party!

No comments: