Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Great evening with my Byzantine friends


Today, I got a last-minute invitation for dinner with Bishop Gerald Dino, the Byzantine Bishop of Van Nuys, CA, who was home in New Jersey, visiting some old friends. I volunteered to bring the wine for dinner (thank you TRADER JOE'S).

At any rate, we were 7 for dinner at St. Thomas the Apostle Church in Rahway, NJ., and we had a wonderful evening and dinner, and conversations.

Truth be told, I'm still not "really comfortable" having a real friend as a Bishop!

But, Bishop Gerry was very informal, and very gracious, and really a lot of fun....just like he used to be.....before he became a Bishop!

I look forward to being in contact with Bishop Gerry, and my other friends in the Byzantine Church in the near future. I'm progressing very definitely toward seeking Bi-Ritual faculties to help the Eparchy of Passaic by getting bi-ritual faculties to celebrate in both rites!

No comments: