Monday, March 10, 2008

Getting ready for KAIROS


This week, I'll be walking with some students from St. John Vianney High School who will be on a KAIROS retreat in Bucks County, PA from Wednesday through Saturday. Ever since I went on my first KAIROS retreat as a priest, I've really loved the experience for myself. It's really one of those rare experiences that makes me feel very positive about being a priest and ministering to young adults. I like this image of freshly-baked bread to illustrate information about KAIROS: the students, the team, and the retreat leaders are all like these freshly-baked loaves. All who participate in the KAIROS experience become like these loaves: warm, tasty, and newly "baked" by the Holy Spirit who touches the hearts of young people and lots of us "older folks" too. I pray this week that this upcoming KAIROS retreat will be one in which the Lord touches hearts and minds, and helps all to see that we are all beloved of the Father, who sent his Son to live and die for us, so that we may have life eternal!

No comments: