Sunday, June 22, 2008

Getting ready for an Anniversary




This coming Sunday, we're celebrating my 15th anniversary of ordination. The actual date was May 15th, but May is such a busy month with graduations, ordinations, weddings, and First Communions and Confirmations, I asked that we celebrate at the end of June when things settle down a bit, when the weather is warmer, and when we could all use a Sunday to gather as family and friends.

I'm personally grateful to our Parish Life Committee who've been tremendously supportive of this celebration. They've been very enthusiastic about having a great celebration next Sunday. It should be a great party with everybody bringing a dish to share with everybody else.

I have to assure my family that, yes, I will do a batch of my barbecue meatballs, and that there will be lots of pasta salad, beer, and burgers to tide us all over. The back door of the parish house will be open, and the air will be on, so everybody can be comfortable. It's been a while since we've gathered as a family, so let's have a great time catching up on the kids and where everybody's at.

No comments: