Thursday, June 26, 2008

This Sunday's Solemnity




This Sunday, the solemnity of St. Peter and Paul trumps the 13th Sunday of Ordinary Time. So, don't be surprised when you see all white vestments instead of green. As you know, this weekend, I'm celebrating my 15th Anniversary of Ordination with a Mass and our parish picnic/barbecue/kegger.

Since my dad and aunts and uncles will be here for this mass and celebration, I'll have to wear my white ordination vestments, (designed by my mom and dad with the Trappist Monks at Spencer, MA) and I'll have to use my chalice and paten (given to me by my parents). I'm looking forward to the presence of so many family members at the mass and picnic, as it's a good, positive time to get together. During the past few years, we've only gathered for sad occasions like funerals, so this should be a fun time to get together.

I'm especially grateful to our parish-life committee who have been so enthusiastic in putting this party together, and volunteering to cook, and host my family. I'm sure that my family will be duly impressed and will truly be welcomed by the entire family of St. Anselm.

Now, we just need some decent weather for Sunday.


Notre Dame, our Mother....tender, strong and true.....make the skies on Sunday....clear and dry and blue....

No comments: