Thursday, August 28, 2008

A most historic night!


Tonight is a most historic night for our country. Whether you like Barack Obama or not, whether you are a Democrat, Republican, or a member of another political party, we must all admit that tonight is an important one for our country. And the historic events of this evening come on the 45th anniversary of another historic speech by another vibrant young African-American who had a dream:

When Martin spoke about his "dream" all those years ago at the feet of President Lincoln's memorial, I remember watching it on TV as a kid. I watched with my parents who told me that the young man speaking was very important, and that I should listen very carefully. Little did I realize that day, how very important were those words, that "dream", and the events that led up to that speech, and the events that would flow from it to tonight's wonderful events!

No matter your politics, you have to mark this as a day to remember!

No comments: