Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Getting Ready for Catholic Charities "Awards Night"


This coming Friday night is the night when our parish will be recognized by Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Trenton with the "Ray of Hope" award.

People throughout the area of Monmouth County have come to recognize the very unique ways that our parishioners and staff have reached out, throughout the years, to those most in need....to the alienated, the oppressed, the forgotten, the suffering in this area. You, the community of St. Anselm, have helped to make a real difference by your generosity!

It will be my honor to represent you this Friday evening at this very formal dinner dance. I'm sure that there will be many pictures taken...so don't be surprised to see me all "gussied-up" in the collar and suit. I'll get dressed up to honor all of the families of our parish who are being recognized for this award. And, I'll pose with the Bishop and the "muckety-mucks" for pics....but my heart will be with you guys wearing blue jeans, and cooking chile for "folks" in Asbury who truly need our help.

I think I'll make a couple of pans of Kielbasa for the International Dinner AND for the clients at The Center in Asbury Park....as a rememberance of this award from Catholic Charities. I think it's cool that we get this award....I also believe it's vital that we share with those most in need...and so I'll cook up some extra food for the folks....

No comments: