Saturday, September 26, 2009

An NPM gathering of musicians and clergy


Tonight, we had a great gathering of pastoral musicians and clergy from all over the diocese of Trenton in Freehold, at the parish of St. Robert Bellarmine. I was privileged to be asked to preside at a simple Evening Prayer to begin our session. Our guest speaker was excellent in her presentation on body-mapping, and helping us all realize some of the physiological components of posture, breathing mechanics, and our bodies in motion which affect our ministry as singers, psalmists, cantors, and, even presiders! It was one of the most informative sessions that I've ever attended....and I've been a member of NPM since 1980!

Even an old priest like me, can learn new things!

I pray that young people, and younger clergy, will come to realize what a treasure NPM is for our Church, for our people, and for the world.

God bless NPM.

No comments: